New SERVER

New SERVER

Postby Jan » April 16th, 2009, 1:05 pm

The forum is finally on a new server. We apologize that it took so long. Hopefully the forum functions will now be faster and more reliable. Let us know if you think things are faster.
It is not impossible that some scripts for quizzes or listening activities will take longer to transfer and thus won't work temporarily. But everything should be up and running by tomorrow.

Jan
Lé Jan miyé yeló.
Blihíč’iyapi na Lakȟól’iyapi kiŋ čhaŋtét’iŋsya yutáŋyaŋkel uŋspéič’ičhiya po. Héčhel uŋglúkinipi kte ló.
Jan
Activity level - ičíwikčemna yámni akéyamni

Re: New SERVER

Postby mitchmiye » April 16th, 2009, 1:51 pm

Not sure if this is "server transfer" related, but over the past few days I have not been consistently receiving the email notifications from threads that I subscribe to. I get some notifications, and others I don't. They are not hiding in my spam folder, either. I started noticing this around Tuesday. Ideas?

Mitch
Ókičhiya po.
mitchmiye
Activity level - ičíakenuŋpa

Postby Jan » April 16th, 2009, 2:02 pm

I have actually notice the same problem. It is probably not related to the transfer of forum (which took place today), but I suspect that it might have to do something with the transfer of the LLC mail server - I am not sure why the LLC mail server should have any impact on e-mail from the forum but I noticed that the problem started occuring right after we moved the mail server. Ideas ? :)
Lé Jan miyé yeló.
Blihíč’iyapi na Lakȟól’iyapi kiŋ čhaŋtét’iŋsya yutáŋyaŋkel uŋspéič’ičhiya po. Héčhel uŋglúkinipi kte ló.
Jan

Postby Wapasika » April 17th, 2009, 3:26 am

Me too! (Only receiving some notifications).

Clive,
Nat’úŋke šni khéš wíkȟopȟešniyaŋ hótȟaŋiŋ po!
Wapasika
Activity level - ičíšagloǧaŋ
Activity level - ičíšagloǧaŋ

Postby Nina » April 17th, 2009, 3:43 am

Can I ask everyone to keep an eye on their User Control Panel to check for private messages waiting? I'm not receiving notification of this, and it's easy to overlook.

Apart from this glitch with e-mail notification, the speed of the new server is a tremendous improvement. Heartfelt thanks to everybody who put in so much work to fix the past problems.

Nina
Nina

I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project. Follow this link to learn how you can help too: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4005
Nina
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akézaptaŋ

Postby Jan » April 29th, 2009, 1:36 pm

Mitch,

has the situation with delivering the notifications improved? I have been trying to find the problem but am not sure I did.
It seems to me that the topics that I subscribed to after the server transfer work fine, so maybe you should try to unsubscribe and subscribe again.

Jan
Lé Jan miyé yeló.
Jan

Postby mitchmiye » April 29th, 2009, 1:46 pm

has the situation with delivering the notifications improved? I have been trying to find the problem but am not sure I did.

Yes, they appear to be functioning again, but sometimes I don't get notification emails until several hours later. And sometimes during that time, several posts can be added to a conversation thread, and it can be easy to fall behind in the topic. Does the bulletin board system have the ability to send post notifications via RSS feed? That would be a convenient option since it takes email out of the equation altogether. Not a big deal if it can't.

Yes, I unsubscribed and subscribed to everything again. That was a pain, since there are so many topics, but perhaps a good problem for the forum to have :-)

Mitch
Ókičhiya po.
mitchmiye

Postby tetuwan » May 9th, 2009, 9:12 am

Hello

Up until you changed the server, I was able to get into the site via my AOL internet and now it just tells me it cannot find the page!! I can get in via Yahoo, so all is not lost, but has anyone any idea why I cannot get in via my AOL anymore please (seeing as I am not the most technically minded person on this planet!!!)

Thanks folks

Brenda UK
tetuwan
Activity level - ičínuŋpa

Postby Nina » May 9th, 2009, 12:22 pm

Hi Brenda,
tetuwan wrote:has anyone any idea why I cannot get in via my AOL anymore please (seeing as I am not the most technically minded person on this planet!!!)

Have you tried clearing your browsing history? Sometimes browsers remember previous settings. I don't have AOL, and I don't know why you can get in through Yahoo, but that's all I can think of. If that doesn't work, hopefully one of the computer geeks will have the solution.

Nina
Nina

I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project. Follow this link to learn how you can help too: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4005
Nina

Postby tetuwan » May 10th, 2009, 6:22 am

Hi Nina

No have not tried that, but will. As long as I can get in then that's cool. If I could not at all then I would be miffed!!!!!!

Thanks again

Brenda
tetuwan

Postby tetuwan » May 21st, 2009, 1:35 am

Hi Again

I still cannot get into this site via my AOL software since the server was changed. Tried all ways to do this, but still no luck :unprintable: Any ideas would be appreciated please. Have tried Nina'a suggestion and it did not work alas!!
Again, not the end of the world as I can get in via Yahoo or MSN, but I hate mysteries!!!!! :confused:

Thanks again

Brenda
tetuwan

Return to Wótȟaŋiŋ na yaótȟaŋiŋpi - NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS