New LOGO

New LOGO

Postby admin » September 22nd, 2009, 12:41 pm

We are looking for a new LOGO for the forum. Perhaps there is a graphic artist or an illustrator among the forum members who would like to contribute in this regard. We are looking for a screen wide bar, one that is culturally relevant, but not flashy, kitsh or new age-like. One of the older phpBB forum bars was nice (see here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=49) and we imagine that something in that spirit with a Lakota type motif would be nice.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New LOGO

Postby mitchmiye » September 22nd, 2009, 12:53 pm

I can pitch a few concepts later in the week. What are the pixel dimensions needed and desired file format?

Mitch
Ókičhiya po.
mitchmiye
Activity level - ičíakenuŋpa
Activity level - ičíakenuŋpa

Re: New LOGO

Postby Kostya » September 22nd, 2009, 3:57 pm

mitchmiye wrote:I can pitch a few concepts later in the week. What are the pixel dimensions needed and desired file format?

Mitch

--well, it's hard to say.. the current brown-square logo is 74x73 pixel
The picture that jan has linked, is a background image, and we can have similar background. However I would suggest that such "background" should have color gradient to the right, merging with the background color. That would enable more elastic layout: whatever the monitor dimensions, or the window size, the image would always as if shrink or blow, because we never know where the actuall image ends and the background color filling starts.
I think that the height of the image could be 100px and hardly more - we have not too much space for all the needs.

As for the file format, it depends on the content - simple graphics would benefit from gif, whereas photography would require jpg.

T.a.
K.
I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project (Donation #: 841496). Can you help too?
Kostya
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akéwaŋži
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akéwaŋži

Return to Wótȟaŋiŋ na yaótȟaŋiŋpi - NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS