Something new

Something new

Postby Jac and Nakoma 1 » January 19th, 2024, 5:37 am

Mitákuyepi
You can always start a new resolution anytime. It doesn't have to be just at New Year. I have made 3 so far this year.
1.To put my Lakota music and language cds back in their correct boxes - so far, so good ;)
2. Learn more practical and conversational Lakota. The SoWs can really help with this. Have a go at some of them. There are ones for all levels of learners. If you're shy of writing, join up with a friend or two and come up with some SoWs and post them on the Forum in the SoWs section . It's free to register and if you go wonky you'll get the correct help just like in a school or group. It's a great extra experience.
3.) Well, I haven't actually started this yet, but I will do - more healthy eating. I was going to have a tomato and lettuce sandwich yesterday. I know two words for lettuce (waȟpé iŋkpážiži and maštíŋčatȟawote, I guess all over the world it's known as rabbit food) So I checked the dictionary for the correct spelling and i found another word -
wablúška hiŋšmá iyéčheča. I thought, "Oh no, No !!!!!!! (because I knew the meaning of each of those words). Please, please PLEASE don't let me be right. I want to be WRONG!!!!!!!!!"
I looked it up in the Lakota section and unfortunately I was right. It is blue lettuce and the literal translation is - like a hairy insect!!!!!!!!!!!. Oh well, I have eaten it previously and I'm still here but I somehow think my sandwich is going to be without any sort of lettuce for a long time!!!!!.
Hope you all succeed in any new resolutions you've made.
Tókša :)
Jac and Nakoma 1
Activity level - ičíakešakowiŋ
Activity level - ičíakešakowiŋ

Return to Wótȟaŋiŋ na yaótȟaŋiŋpi - NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS