INSTANT DICTIONARY (NLD-I)

INSTANT DICTIONARY (NLD-I)

Postby admin » February 13th, 2011, 3:12 am

We are happy to introduce a new tool, the New Lakota Dictionary - Instant Look up (or NLD-I) beta-version.
To see how it works double click on each of the Lakota and English words below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lé aŋpétu kiŋ líla iblúškiŋ. Táku tȟéča waŋ ičháŋtemawašte.

Today I am very happy. I am glad for something new.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that when you double-click on a word it is instantly linked to its appropriate entry in the on-line dictionary and the entry is shown in a window floating above the page next to the selected word.

One of the most helpful features of the NLD-I is its ability to recognize conjugated words and link them to their basic form (this is called lemmatizer). You can see this functionality if you double-click on iblúškiŋ - you will be instantly shown the entry iyúškiŋ which is the basic word form under which iblúškiŋ (the 1st singular) belongs. The same happens when you double-click on ičháŋtemawašte.

An alternative way of invoking the instant dictionary look-up is selecting words or parts of words (!!) with the mouse. This is particularly useful with words that contain the letter which is not selected by double-clicking:

wičhóȟ’aŋ

Please bear in mind that this is a testing version (beta-version); the algorithm doesn't recognize all conjugated forms yet, but we will be adding more word forms recognition soon. Also, because of the complexity of inflection in Lakota there will always be some unrecognized word forms (partly because every dictionary is a limited, non-exhaustive list of words). We are, however, getting close to covering over 95% of all possible word forms.

Note that mis-spelled words or words spelled in orthographies other than the SLO are not recognized by the lemmatizer. Therefore only the correctly spelled words below trigger the instant dictionary look-up:

tatanka
thathanka
tȟatȟánka
tȟatȟáŋka (the only correct spelling)

najin
najiŋ
nažin
nážiŋ (the only correct spelling)

wicasa
wicaša
wičaša
wičháša (the only correct spelling)

This means that the NLD-I serves as a kind of spellchecker.
However, the lemmatizer will also enable us to provide the forum members with a real spellchecker, the launching of which we will announced soon.

The dictionary entry can be closed by clicking on "Close" link or just by clicking on any place outside the entry.

About this project

Although lemmatizers and spellcheckers have long been available for most modern languages the Lakota language lemmatizer is a groundbreaking achievement in the field of Native American applied linguistics. The lemmatizing algorithm is significantly more complex for a highly inflecting language like Lakota than it is for most European languages.
The Lakota language lemmatizer has been under way for the last three years and has been a combined project of Jan Ullrich and Konstantine Chmielnicky who mapped the complex Lakota morphology on a lemmatizing algorithm. Konstantine took upon himself the enormous task of designing the programming part of the algorithm and worked out other technicalities to make this tool function properly on-line.

Please give us feedback

We would like to ask the forum members to give us feedback on the NLD-I and its functionality.
What do you think are the pros and cons of having such tool available for learners of the language?
Let us know if you find such tool useful for your study and which features you like or which you would like to be modified.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: INSTANT DICTIONARY (NLD-I)

Postby mitchmiye » February 13th, 2011, 9:51 am

Absolutely brilliant :good:

Mitch
Ókičhiya po.
mitchmiye
Activity level - ičíakenuŋpa
Activity level - ičíakenuŋpa

Postby Kevin » February 13th, 2011, 10:19 am

Wóeye waŋ waglúwašte kta awówaši ečhámuŋ yuŋkȟáŋ wáŋ, wičhóiye wówapi kiŋ haŋké tȟaŋíŋ na áta imáyuš’iŋyaya. Wónawaȟ’uŋ šni yélakȟa. Wóilake lečhála kiŋ lé líla wašté na takómni iyúha óuŋkiyapi kte ló. Jan na Kostya, líla wóphila tȟáŋka héčha ečhíčiyapi wačhíŋ.

It is a wonderful tool that saved a lot of time and gives instant feedback for a sentence that is being written or one that is being translated. Though it does not recognize all forms, ečhíčiyapi for example, it recognizes most of them so that it is a help in understanding how to conjugate verbs. And of course having the example sentences underneath gives a good idea of how the word is used. Now a grammar check would be a wonderful addition, though I know from English language versions that it is very often wrong. I know, so greedy. Thank you all again for your hard work that makes learning a lesser-known language like Lakota much easier and makes learning it attractive for the younger generations that do everything on computers.
Yuwáŋžila uŋškáŋpi háŋtaŋš Lakȟótiya wóglakapi wičhóiye wówapi kiŋ lé ečhétuuŋyaŋpi uŋkókihipi. Together, we can make the Lakota talking dictionary a reality.
Kevin
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akéšagloǧaŋ
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akéšagloǧaŋ

Postby jdshearer » February 13th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Kostya did a wonderful job with this, what a wonderful tool. This site is so lucky to have someone with such an awesome skill. Kostya does a wonderful job and he is also great to work with on the site on a personal level. Great job Kostya.

J. Shearer
čhéya šni yo
jdshearer
Activity level - ičíšagloǧaŋ

Postby NancyD » February 13th, 2011, 3:37 pm

Bravo! This is a wonderful addition. I thank you. :rose:
Tȟuŋkášilayapi tȟawápaha kiŋháŋ owíhaŋkešniyaŋ hé nážiŋ kte kštó.
“I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project. Can you help too?”
Donation Confirmation # is 841269.
NancyD
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akénuŋpa

Postby Nina » February 13th, 2011, 4:23 pm

Jan and Kostya, this is truly amazing!! When NLD-O was launched, I thought that this Forum couldn’t get any better, but – with the addition of NLD-I - it just got better! What an unbelievable gift to the Forum!

Given that the announcement says:

admin wrote:The Lakota language lemmatizer has been under way for the last three years and has been a combined project of Jan Ullrich and Konstantine Chmielnicky who mapped the complex Lakota morphology on a lemmatizing algorithm.

I dare not think how many hours you have both freely devoted to devising and building it, combining your linguistic and programming skills to create yet another aid to learning for students of this enthralling Lakota language. Truly a team effort! Our reasons / excuses for not progressing are becoming fewer!

Jan, Kostya - wóphila tȟáŋka ečhíčiyapi kštó.

Nina
Nina

I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project. Follow this link to learn how you can help too: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4005
Nina
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akézaptaŋ
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akézaptaŋ

Postby johnp » February 17th, 2011, 4:50 pm

It's so good
wóphila
johnp
Activity level - ičíyamni
Activity level - ičíyamni

Postby Ronald » February 24th, 2011, 5:44 am

This tool is very good in learning the language.
Ronald
Activity level - škíŋčiye šni
Activity level - škíŋčiye šni

Postby Tacanipiluta » March 3rd, 2011, 10:35 am

Háu Mitákuyepi,

The NLD-I is in my opinion very helpful, especially in a case like mine. i.e. Thinking Lakota vs thinking European.
For example, the word tȟatȟáŋka. I have always used the word spelled like this --> tatanka.
Tacanipiluta
Activity level - ičínapčiyuŋka

Postby Charley » April 24th, 2011, 11:25 pm

Lé kiŋ áta khilí!!!

C.
Charley miyelo
Charley

Postby Kostya » June 7th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Recently the database for NLDO and NLDI was essentially extended with verbal conjugations. Just recently the conjugated verb forms wordlist had 30,000 entries.
Now it has 207,798 entries. But the work is not yet completed: still about 1000 verbs are missing (with all their conjugations), animated plural nouns and alienable nouns that take possessive prefix tȟa- are missing too, as well as some nouns taking ma- pronouns like wimáčhaša.

I recommend those members who heavily used NLDI to nullify their local dictionaries that were stored on your computers.
Else you'll have falsely negative results on clicking on some verbs (the negative results are stored too).

To flush the local database find the following line at this forum's page footer:

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Dictionary: 27 Flush local DB

--Clicking on Flush local DB will delete the old local dictionary and the new one starts storing.
I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project (Donation #: 841496). Can you help too?
Kostya
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akéwaŋži

Postby NancyD » June 7th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Kostya wrote:Recently the database for NLDO and NLDI was essentially extended with verbal conjugations. Just recently the conjugated verb forms wordlist had 30,000 entries. Now it has 205,000 entries. But the work is not yet completed: still about 1000 verbs are missing (with all their conjugations), animated plural nouns and alienable nouns that take possessive prefix tȟa- are missing too, as well as some nouns taking ma- pronouns like wimáčhaša.

I recommend those members who heavily used NLDI to nullify their local dictionaries that were stored on your computers.
Else you'll have falsely negative results on clicking on some verbs (the negative results are stored too).

To flush the local database find the following line at this forum's page footer:

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Dictionary: 27 Flush local DB

--Clicking on Flush local DB will delete the old local dictionary and the new one starts storing.

Thank you Kostya,

I flushed. :lol:
“I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project. Can you help too?”
NancyD

Postby Kostya » June 7th, 2011, 2:32 pm

Here's a list of verb forms for the verb waŋyáŋkA

waŋbláka, waŋbláke, waŋblákiŋ, waŋláka, waŋláke, waŋlákiŋ, waŋlákapi, waŋyáŋka, waŋyáŋke, waŋyáŋkiŋ, waŋyáŋkapi, waŋwíčhayaŋka, waŋwíčhayaŋke, waŋwíčhayaŋkiŋ, waŋwíčhayaŋkapi, waŋwíčhablaka, waŋwíčhablake, waŋwíčhablakiŋ, waŋwíčhalaka, waŋwíčhalake, waŋwíčhalakiŋ, waŋwíčhalakapi, waŋwíčhauŋyaŋka, waŋwíčhauŋyaŋke, waŋwíčhauŋyaŋkiŋ, waŋwíčhuŋyaŋka, waŋwíčhuŋyaŋke, waŋwíčhuŋyaŋkiŋ, waŋwíčhauŋyaŋkapi, waŋwíčhuŋyaŋkapi, waŋčhíyaŋka, waŋčhíyaŋke, waŋčhíyaŋkiŋ, waŋčhíyaŋkapi, waŋmáyalaka, waŋmáyalake, waŋmáyalakiŋ, waŋmáyalakapi, waŋmáyaŋka, waŋmáyaŋke, waŋmáyaŋkiŋ, waŋmáyaŋkapi, waŋníyaŋka, waŋníyaŋke, waŋníyaŋkiŋ, waŋníyaŋkapi, waŋúŋniyaŋkapi, waŋúŋyalakapi, waŋúŋyaŋka, waŋúŋyaŋke, waŋúŋyaŋkiŋ, waŋúŋyaŋkapi, waŋúŋyaŋkapi
I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project (Donation #: 841496). Can you help too?
Kostya

Postby georgem » June 7th, 2011, 3:24 pm

With the instant NLD, we have quick access to much information. I still value the old paper version, perhaps with new appreciation for both forms.
georgem
Activity level - ičínuŋpa
Activity level - ičínuŋpa

Postby Daniel » June 8th, 2011, 7:32 am

Kostya wrote:Here's a list of verb forms for the verb waŋyáŋkA

waŋbláka, waŋbláke, waŋblákiŋ, waŋláka, waŋláke, waŋlákiŋ, waŋlákapi, waŋyáŋka, waŋyáŋke, waŋyáŋkiŋ, waŋyáŋkapi, waŋwíčhayaŋka, waŋwíčhayaŋke, waŋwíčhayaŋkiŋ, waŋwíčhayaŋkapi, waŋwíčhablaka, waŋwíčhablake, waŋwíčhablakiŋ, waŋwíčhalaka, waŋwíčhalake, waŋwíčhalakiŋ, waŋwíčhalakapi, waŋwíčhauŋyaŋka, waŋwíčhauŋyaŋke, waŋwíčhauŋyaŋkiŋ, waŋwíčhuŋyaŋka, waŋwíčhuŋyaŋke, waŋwíčhuŋyaŋkiŋ, waŋwíčhauŋyaŋkapi, waŋwíčhuŋyaŋkapi, waŋčhíyaŋka, waŋčhíyaŋke, waŋčhíyaŋkiŋ, waŋčhíyaŋkapi, waŋmáyalaka, waŋmáyalake, waŋmáyalakiŋ, waŋmáyalakapi, waŋmáyaŋka, waŋmáyaŋke, waŋmáyaŋkiŋ, waŋmáyaŋkapi, waŋníyaŋka, waŋníyaŋke, waŋníyaŋkiŋ, waŋníyaŋkapi, waŋúŋniyaŋkapi, waŋúŋyalakapi, waŋúŋyaŋka, waŋúŋyaŋke, waŋúŋyaŋkiŋ, waŋúŋyaŋkapi, waŋúŋyaŋkapi

Háu, Kostya! :D

I had fun rewriting those forms according to the subject-object pattern.
Here is my try:

I-you (s.): waŋčhíyaŋka, waŋčhíyaŋke, waŋčhíyaŋkiŋ
I-him/her/it: waŋbláka, waŋbláke, waŋblákiŋ
I-you (pl.): waŋčhíyaŋkapi
I-them: waŋwíčhablaka, waŋwíčhablake, waŋwíčhablakiŋ
you (s.)-me: waŋmáyalaka, waŋmáyalake, waŋmáyalakiŋ
you (s.)-him/her/it: waŋláka, waŋláke, waŋlákiŋ
you (s.)-us: waŋúŋyalakapi
you (s.)-them: waŋwíčhalaka, waŋwíčhalake, waŋwíčhalakiŋ
he/she/it-me: waŋmáyaŋka, waŋmáyaŋke, waŋmáyaŋkiŋ
he/she/it-you (s.): waŋníyaŋka, waŋníyaŋke, waŋníyaŋkiŋ
he/she/it-him/her/it: waŋyáŋka, waŋyáŋke, waŋyáŋkiŋ
he/she/it-us: waŋúŋyaŋka, waŋúŋyaŋke, waŋúŋyaŋkiŋ
he/she/it-you (pl.): waŋníyaŋkapi
he/she/it-them: waŋwíčhayaŋka, waŋwíčhayaŋke, waŋwíčhayaŋkiŋ
we (dual)-him/her/it: waŋúŋyaŋka, waŋúŋyaŋke, waŋúŋyaŋkiŋ
we (dual)-them: waŋwíčhauŋyaŋka, -ke, -kiŋ (waŋwíčhuŋyaŋka, -ke, kiŋ)
we (pl.)-you (s.): waŋúŋniyaŋkapi
we (pl.)-him/her/it: waŋúŋyaŋkapi
we (pl.)-you (pl.): waŋúŋniyaŋkapi
we (pl.)-them: waŋwíčhauŋyaŋkapi (waŋwíčhuŋyaŋkapi)
you (pl.)-me: waŋmáyalakapi
you (pl.)-him/her/it: waŋlákapi
you (pl.)-us: waŋúŋyalakapi
you (pl.)-them: waŋwíčhalakapi
they-me: waŋmáyaŋkapi
they-you (s.): waŋníyaŋkapi
they-him/her/it: waŋyáŋkapi
they-us: waŋúŋyaŋkapi
they-you (pl.): waŋníyaŋkapi
they-them: waŋwíčhayaŋkapi

Tókša akhé,
Daniel

PS: Please, don't laugh at me because I wasn't able to find "Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Dictionary: 27 Flush local DB". :confused:
Uŋkíšnala uŋkókihipi šni éyaš akhíptaŋ ečhúŋk’uŋpi háŋtaŋš, takómni ečhétuuŋyaŋpi uŋkókihipe ló. Níš-eyá mázaska čónala yéčʼuŋ oyákihi. https://npo.justgive.org/nonprofits/don ... 20-1158601
Daniel
Activity level - ičíwikčemna yámni akéyamni

Postby Kostya » June 8th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Hi Daniel!
Daniel wrote:I had fun rewriting those forms according to the subject-object pattern.
Here is my try:

--Great try, Daniel!
Daniel wrote:PS: Please, don't laugh at me because I wasn't able to find "Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Dictionary: 27 Flush local DB". :confused:

--No problem,just try to find "Flush local DB" text here on the page
Kostya

Postby Daniel » June 8th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Kostya wrote:Hi Daniel!
Daniel wrote:I had fun rewriting those forms according to the subject-object pattern.
Here is my try:

--Great try, Daniel!
Daniel wrote:PS: Please, don't laugh at me because I wasn't able to find "Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Dictionary: 27 Flush local DB". :confused:

--No problem,just try to find "Flush local DB" text here on the page

Hi, Kostya! :)

Done.

At last, I have found it. Thank you for your patience.
Daniel
Uŋkíšnala uŋkókihipi šni éyaš akhíptaŋ ečhúŋk’uŋpi háŋtaŋš, takómni ečhétuuŋyaŋpi uŋkókihipe ló. Níš-eyá mázaska čónala yéčʼuŋ oyákihi. https://npo.justgive.org/nonprofits/don ... 20-1158601
Daniel

Postby Ken » June 10th, 2011, 5:25 pm

Daniel wrote:Here's a list of verb forms for the verb [lkt]waŋyáŋkA
Here is my try:

Háu tȟaŋháŋši Daniel,

I want to thank you for typing out all Kostya's verb forms for "waŋyáŋkA". I was just trying to remember the you-us form for the verb k'u, to say "you give us", so I remembered your list here and looked down it and found "waŋúŋyalakapi".. "uŋya..pi" was what I was trying to think of!, so I typed "uŋyak’úpi' into my post, highlighted it with my mouse and a window opened which showed that it was correct! This is awesome! Thank you to Kostya for all the work on the lemmatizer and NLD-I, and thank you to you Daniel!

Waŋná líla iyómakiphi yeló! :D

Ken
Ken
Activity level - ičízaptaŋ

Postby Daniel » June 11th, 2011, 3:10 am

Ken wrote:
Daniel wrote:Here's a list of verb forms for the verb [lkt]waŋyáŋkA
Here is my try:

Háu tȟaŋháŋši Daniel,

I want to thank you for typing out all Kostya's verb forms for "waŋyáŋkA". I was just trying to remember the you-us form for the verb k'u, to say "you give us", so I remembered your list here and looked down it and found "waŋúŋyalakapi".. "uŋya..pi" was what I was trying to think of!, so I typed "uŋyak’úpi' into my post, highlighted it with my mouse and a window opened which showed that it was correct! This is awesome! Thank you to Kostya for all the work on the lemmatizer and NLD-I, and thank you to you Daniel!

Waŋná líla iyómakiphi yeló! :D

Ken

Háu, tȟaŋháŋši Ken! :)

I am afraid to talk nonsense because at the moment I am running out of time, but I would explain it this way:
waŋyáŋkA is a multi-syllabic verb and a Y-verb too whereas k’ú is a monosyllabic non-Y verb.
I am sure that Jan, Kostya, Kevin or any skilled member would give a best explanation.

Tókša akhé,
Daniel
Daniel

Postby Ken » June 11th, 2011, 7:28 am

Daniel wrote:Háu, tȟaŋháŋši Ken! :)

I am afraid to talk nonsense because at the moment I am running out of time, but I would explain it this way:
waŋyáŋkA is a multi-syllabic verb and a Y-verb too whereas k’ú is a monosyllabic non-Y verb.
I am sure that Jan, Kostya, Kevin or any skilled member would give a best explanation.

Tókša akhé,
Daniel

Háu, tȟaŋháŋši Daniel,

Thank you, yes, I realize that about the verb forms, but your post was helpful to remind me that it was "uŋya..pi" that I was looking for. Later, I looked in the grammar section of the NLD to see how long it would take to find it there.

Looking for this reminder here, then checking it with the lemmatizer was quicker! Also, I recently listened to the 7 Jan 2009 Lakota Story Telling show from KILI where Pahá told about the forum which was less than a month old at that time. He read the LLC announcement letter which talked about additional features that were being planned for the forum, the NLD-O, NLD-I, and lemmatizer. Now years later, seeing those features added here, is exciting!, and it makes me happy, don't you agree?

Tókša akhé,
Ken
Ken

Postby Kostya » June 11th, 2011, 7:44 am

Here's a v.0.1 of spellchecker:
spellchk.php
There you can test the Lakota texts,emails etc. Type or copy-paste Lakota text in the input field, press "Check" button.
The statistics of the text and the text itself appear below. The unrecognized words are in red color.
NLDI is activated both at the checked text and inside the input area, so you can type the word and then mouse-select or double-click on it with instant checking.
The layout of the spellchecker will be optimized. I plan also to add some hinting for the unrecognized words, so when you click on the "red" word the variants for replacing the word are offered (so such typos as missing or misplaced accents, missing diactritics will be recognized).
Currently the NLDI database has 213,383 word-forms, but still about 10% of the NLDO dictionary entries are missing in NLDI.

This works in Firefox 4.0.1,IE9, Windows Vista, haven't tested other browsers
Feedback is welcome :).

T.a.
K.

P.S. You can test the spellchecker with this sample text:
Iktómi wíŋyaŋ waŋ líla wíŋyaŋ wašté yúza škhé.
Yuŋkȟáŋ tóhuŋwel aŋpétu waŋ él hóčhokata í na glí na táku iyókiphi šni sʼe iníla yaŋkíŋ na tȟaǧóšahaŋ škhé. Čhaŋké tȟawíču kiŋ wayázaŋ kta kéčhiŋ na awáŋyaŋg khuwá.
Leyé: "Tókȟa he? Táku iyóničiphi šni séče?" eyá yuŋkȟáŋ ayúpte šni, táku líla iyóyake s’e yaŋká-haŋ-ké.
Naké íthehaŋ ȟča yuŋkȟáŋ: "Hehehé, theȟíya lé wasúyapi čha iwámayazaŋ kte s’eléčheča kiŋ, tókhe nayáȟ’uŋ šni yélakȟa?" eyé.
Tȟawíču kiŋ hé táku čha wasúyapi héčiŋhaŋ iyúŋǧa yuŋkȟáŋ, "Léčheya wičháša iyúha kȟúŋku ób zuyá yewíčhašipi čha theȟíke ló." eyá čhaŋké, "Kináš iná tȟokápȟa kiŋ kičhí lé šni?" eyá yuŋkȟáŋ čhíŋ šni ké.
Čhaŋké: "Hó, ečhá, iná-íyokhihe kiŋ hé íš tók?" eyá yuŋkȟáŋ: "Tákuš hé naȟpáȟpake č’uŋ." eyá ké.
Čhaŋké: "Kináš iná-hakákta kiŋ kičhí lé šni?" eyá yuŋkȟáŋ Iktómi í pȟaȟté ȟča ké.
Tȟéhaŋ-tákeye šni héčhel éš čhíŋka naké iníla yaŋká škhé. Ítȟehaŋ yuŋkȟáŋ-ȟʼaŋhíyeȟčiŋ,(čhuwí okíniya) na eyé-kapíŋ sʼe, "Hóȟ!---Waŋ!---Hóye!" eyá ké.
Čhaŋké waná kȟúŋku-hakákta k’uŋ kičhí zuyá iyáya ké. Tȟokéya iglúwiŋyeya čhaŋké wakápȟapi óta yuhápi ké.
Líla tȟéhaŋ-glípi šni cȟaŋké echél eš éwičhaktuŋžapi yuŋkȟáŋ etáŋ waníyetu óta háŋl uŋgnáhaŋla "Iktó waná wakté-kú weló !", eyápi yuŋkȟáŋ šuŋk'ákaŋyaŋg pahá-aíyoȟpeya kú čhaŋké čhiŋčá óta čha awíwiyela ókšaŋ íŋyaŋkapi škhe.
Yuŋkȟáŋ, "Tȟéhaŋtaŋhaŋ awíčhawakula čhaŋké Até emákiyape. Heyápi k'éyaš wičhákte pó!" eyá čhaŋké ábeya čhéya íŋyaŋkapi škhé.
Čhaŋké húŋkupi kiŋ iwíčhakikču na wičhágluha tókhi yé ka núŋ tkȟá ké.
Iktó wičhóthi-égna gličú čhaŋké, "Iktó kȟúŋku-glúze ló. Tuwéni héčhuŋ šni wasúuŋyaŋpi kʼuŋ khičákse ló," eyápi škhé.
Héčhena akičhita apȟápi kta čha khuwá áyapi k’éyaš tókheškhe ȟ’áŋ na naíč’išpa škhé.
Heháŋyela owíhaŋke
Kostya

Postby NancyD » June 11th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Kostya wrote:Here's a v.0.1 of spellchecker:

Hi Constantine,

This takes the cake! :rose:

Great job and 6 big ones from me.
NancyD

Postby Daniel » June 13th, 2011, 1:15 pm

Ken wrote:
Háu, tȟaŋháŋši Daniel,

Thank you, yes, I realize that about the verb forms, but your post was helpful to remind me that it was "uŋya..pi" that I was looking for. Later, I looked in the grammar section of the NLD to see how long it would take to find it there.

Looking for this reminder here, then checking it with the lemmatizer was quicker! Also, I recently listened to the 7 Jan 2009 Lakota Story Telling show from KILI where Pahá told about the forum which was less than a month old at that time. He read the LLC announcement letter which talked about additional features that were being planned for the forum, the NLD-O, NLD-I, and lemmatizer. Now years later, seeing those features added here, is exciting!, and it makes me happy, don't you agree?

Tókša akhé,
Ken

Háu, tȟaŋháŋši Ken! :)

Wičáyakȟe, henáke ȟčiŋ áta khilí. Kostya wóuŋspe omnáye úŋ waȟtékešni čhaŋké páŋǧe ló.

Tókša akhé,
Daniel
Daniel

Postby Mary Many Feathers » June 22nd, 2011, 12:12 pm

That is very cool!! What a great new tool.
Thanks, Mary
Thanks, Mary
Mary Many Feathers

Postby Tacanipiluta » June 22nd, 2011, 4:14 pm

Háu Mitákuyepi,

The NLD-I is in my opinion very helpful, especially in a case like mine. i.e. Thinking Lakota vs now thinking 50% European. ;)

Philámayaye ló.
Tȟačháŋȟpiluta
Tacanipiluta

NLD-I extension

Postby Kostya » April 15th, 2012, 1:54 pm

I added the plural -pe word forms (70,000 ) for -pi forms, so overall number of the word forms in the NLDI database is: 301,809

The -pe forms are recognized in NLD-O too.
You can check the recognition:

winíčhašape wičhášape wašíčupe kȟápe thípe wačhípe wayáčhipe yathípe awíčhuŋkakiyutʼiŋzape
Kostya

Postby Charley » July 22nd, 2019, 11:01 am

Is there a way to download it to an android phone? Philámaya yeló!
Charley miyelo
Charley

Postby Daniel » July 22nd, 2019, 12:27 pm

Charley wrote:Is there a way to download it to an android phone? Philámaya yeló!

Sorry, Charley, but I can't help you. I'm not very skilled at computers and it's worse about android phones.
Perhaps could help you?
Daniel

Postby Charley » August 3rd, 2019, 10:38 pm

I can't get this my Samsung J7 android phone. Help me

Ómakiya oyákihipi kta só ?
Charley miyelo
Charley

Return to Wótȟaŋiŋ na yaótȟaŋiŋpi - NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS