Lakota Vocabulary Builder for Smartphone

Lakota Vocabulary Builder for Smartphone

Postby admin » September 2nd, 2015, 10:57 am

We are very excited to announce...the newest addition to our LLC App family: Lakota Vocab Builder - available for Android (iOS version coming soon)! http://www.llcbookstore.com/apps/ or find it on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nto.lakota).

Play your way to better vocal skills! Quiz yourself everyday to learn different categories – wild animals, food, drinks, and more! The free version of the app includes:

➢ 20 culturally-relevant categories designed by Lakota speakers
➢ 10-25 words per category, for a total of 200-500 words!
➢ Audio pronunciation and visual aid for each word in the category
➢ Quiz yourself by matching English words to Lakota words, and vice versa
➢ Progress through levels to unlock new words
➢ Track your progress and review words you’ve learned by category or activity

Additional categories are available (~40 categories, and growing!) with purchase of the app, for only $0.99!

Lakota Vocab Builder will help build your confidence in using new Lakota words! Download the app today!
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lakota Vocabulary Builder for Smartphone

Postby Berit » January 13th, 2017, 11:43 am

I have problems with the vocab builder on my smartphone (IPhone 5s). Everything works fine until I come to the categorie "Seasons 1". After the first word the app gets stuck. I have tried to reinstall the app several times but I always get stuck in this catogorie. Today I bought the upgrade "Vocab Builder Pro" and thought I could just skip the invalid part but this does not work either. The new categorie has to get unlocked by solving the previous but this doesn't work as I tried to explain above.
Has anybody made the same experience? How can I solve the problem?
Berit
Activity level - ičíakewaŋži

Postby Jana » January 13th, 2017, 11:56 am

Actually, I had the same problem, also with Seasons1 on my Android (GL). It was a while ago though and I forgot how I finally found a workaround. But I did. I think it was some going back and forth between Domesticated Animals and Seasons 1.
Jana
Activity level - ičíakenapčiyuŋka
Activity level - ičíakenapčiyuŋka

Postby Berit » January 13th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Jana wrote:Actually, I had the same problem, also with Seasons1 on my Android (GL). It was a while ago though and I forgot how I finally found a workaround. But I did. I think it was some going back and forth between Domesticated Animals and Seasons 1.

Hi Jana,
thanks for your answer. I will try that. Maybe it will work!
Tókša Berit
Berit

Postby Berit » January 16th, 2017, 6:41 am

Berit wrote:
Jana wrote:Actually, I had the same problem, also with Seasons1 on my Android (GL). It was a while ago though and I forgot how I finally found a workaround. But I did. I think it was some going back and forth between Domesticated Animals and Seasons 1.

Hi Jana,
thanks for your answer. I will try that. Maybe it will work!
Tókša Berit

I tried about 100 times to go back and forth but still the same problem. :crazy:
Are there any other ideas about what might cause the problem?
I will probably reset the statistics and work myself up again (it will probably do no harm to repeat everything... ;) ).
In the meantime I am open to any other suggestions :D
Berit
Berit

Postby Emmaline » June 24th, 2020, 1:20 pm

I would like to say how much I like this app. I have been using this to build my lakota vocabulary. I started learning Lakota on a long road trip (2,000 miles) back from Canada so it started out as an immersion using this and another app (FHQ Tribal Council Lakota app) I have noticed a few differences between the two, but overall they seem pretty complementary.

I am signed up to do some Lakota Studies this summertime and am looking forwards to learning more!
Emmaline
Activity level - tȟokáheya

Postby Emmaline » June 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm

What I like about this app is how it builds and introduces vocabulary step-by-step and therefore forces me to concentrate on little bits at a time, which is the best way to learn.
Emmaline

Postby TA' Te' Omahe Tu' » October 25th, 2020, 11:08 pm

I just download app, I took a weekend class to learn some of the Lakota teachings, beginner class. I loved it so much that I want to learn how to speak it fluently and with confidence. I am new to this Website feel a little overwhelmed with all this info. Can someone or Anyone Direct me with this website where to go to first, what is needed to speak fluently Lakota language? I would appreciate any and all help from you all out there. Mitakuye Oyasin.

Many Blessings Brothers and Sisters,
Sarina Ta' Te' Omahe Tu'
[color=#FF0000]Many Blessings Brothers and Sisters,
Sarina Tȟatá Otȟúŋwahé DiMaso
TA' Te' Omahe Tu'
Activity level - ičínuŋpa

Postby Jac and Nakoma 1 » November 12th, 2020, 11:50 am

Taŋyáŋ yahí (Welcome)
I highly recommend the
Lakȟótiya Wóglaka Po (Speak Lakota) books available from the LLC Bookstore (or Amazon) They are very helpful ( and the Lakota dictionary) Have a look at the first SoW (Sentence of the week) As you know a little you should be able to try that. They are correct thanks to Caroline and Daniel so you'll know how you are doing.
Enjoy your learning.
Tókša :)
Jac and Nakoma 1
Activity level - ičíakešakpe
Activity level - ičíakešakpe

Postby TA' Te' Omahe Tu' » November 12th, 2020, 2:59 pm

tHihaŋŋi Wašte Thank you Jac and Nokoma, I appreciate it. I think I'm doing pretty good. I got a reply from David and he explained what I needed to do, but now that you mention it, I have not gone to SOW 9sentence off the week). I will do that and I appreciate you all helping me to learn and grow with these teachings, A'HO Mitakuyapi.
Many Blessings Sarina
[color=#FF0000]Many Blessings Brothers and Sisters,
Sarina Tȟatá Otȟúŋwahé DiMaso
TA' Te' Omahe Tu'

Postby Taku-Huwo » November 15th, 2020, 9:51 am

Hau, Mitákuyepi,

this app is actually the first one I bought full version - or bought at all - in many years to get the full version! It costs about 1 Buck. Which is to cheap imho!!
Very helpful, very well structured. Apart from books one of the best ways to get into the vocab of the language - if You cant talk to native speakers ... who are VERY rare in Germany. ;)

I also have the FHQ Tribal Council. Good one as well, but unfortunately sometims writing and speaking does not match. Mabye due to dialects. Which makes it a bit tricky sometimes.
Still my second choice of apps at the moment. Seems to be dine for children as well, because there are very funny ways of teaching, using quizzes and games. Love it.

I also have the app Dakota Dictionary. Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Dictionary. However - maybe it is my phone but the accoustics are not very well made. Like listening from very far back of a room. Although there seems to be great effort in structuring the vocabs in iteself, for me its no use of using it right now.
Taku-Huwo
Activity level - ičíyamni
Activity level - ičíyamni

Return to Wótȟaŋiŋ na yaótȟaŋiŋpi - NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS