Lakȟótiya Wóglaka Po! Speak Lakota Level 3 Lakota Language

Lakȟótiya Wóglaka Po! Speak Lakota Level 3 Lakota Language

Postby John Vander Veer » February 4th, 2011, 7:10 pm

Mitákuyepi

I posted this review of the Level 3 Textbook at Amazon. What are your thoughts on the the Level 3 Textbook? What do you find find effective or interesting, or things that can be made better. The LLC does listen to your ideas, thoughts, recommendations, and suggestions. They are working on #4 right now. So here is a chance for you have some input. Also, thanks to Nina and Nancy who also posted reviews, and to Nina who suggested that we do it.

Lakȟótiya Wóglaka Po! Speak Lakota Level 3 Lakota Language Textbook
Are you interested in really learning a Native American language? Do you want to be able to converse in Lakota at a level more advanced than that of knowing just words and phrases. Then this is the book for you. The Lakhota Woglaka Po! (Speak Lakota!) Level 3 Textbook will enable you do do just that. After working through this book I have found that formulating, comprehending, and speaking sentences in Lakota is now within my grasp. I have used this book as both a self-study guide and as a syllabus for an online study group. This book targets those who want to become proficient. It is the third book of a series that that brings novices to next level of understanding Lakota. I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to advance their skills in speaking Lakota.

Here are just a few quick ones:
1) The de-scrambling sentences exercises are a great way to learn syntax. These are great puzzle type problems to work through.
2) Reading the Skype emails between the various friends and then speaking the parts on our Saturday Skype sessions was very very helpful and fun.
3) The drawings on page 55 graphically showing the meanings of those postpositions is now implanted in my mind. This works for me!
4) I hope Level 4 goes into subordinate clauses in detail.
5) ...

Tókša akhé
John
John Vander Veer
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akéšakowiŋ

Re: Lakȟótiya Wóglaka Po! Speak Lakota Level 3 Lakota Language

Postby NancyD » February 5th, 2011, 12:12 am

Hi John,

You summed it up very well. :good: I love Level 3. It's a lot of fun, especially many of the pictures.

The way it's put together explains the sentence structures in a non-intimidating way. I also like that the culture is added to the stories
as well.

I am hoping the CD comes out soon.

Thank you. :rose:
Tȟuŋkášilayapi tȟawápaha kiŋháŋ owíhaŋkešniyaŋ hé nážiŋ kte kštó.
“I helped the Lakota language by donating to the audio dictionary project. Can you help too?”
Donation Confirmation # is 841269.
NancyD
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akénuŋpa
Activity level - ičíwikčemna núŋpa akénuŋpa

Postby Alessio1991IT » February 5th, 2011, 5:01 am

Hau
do you know if these books can be found on e-bay?, because the Lakota dictionary I bought on e-bay so if these were also for me it would be easier to buy them.
thanks
Alessio1991IT
Activity level - ičíakešakowiŋ
Activity level - ičíakešakowiŋ

Postby John Vander Veer » February 5th, 2011, 8:08 am

Alessio1991IT wrote:Hau
do you know if these books can be found on e-bay?, because the Lakota dictionary I bought on e-bay so if these were also for me it would be easier to buy them.
thanks

Alessio

I don't know about Ebay, but they can be bought directly from the Consortium at this site.

http://www.lakhota.org

John
John Vander Veer

Return to Wótȟaŋiŋ na yaótȟaŋiŋpi - NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS